Wednesday, April 23, 2008

it aint over...

well, the marathon is. and i can't believe i ran the whole thing! ok, i walked some of it, but still. i propelled my body over 26.2 miles of hills, and i survived! yay!

i didn't reach my goal time of sub-5 hours (i finished in 5:29), but the way i see it, that's ok. i DID reach my goal of finishing the boston marathon, and i'm pretty proud of myself for that. i had so many great experiences over marathon weekend, from going to the expo and trying on the world series ring to meeting the real pesky pole at the red sox-texas game later that night, to marathon monday itself (i was awake from 3:30 am to 12:30 am, so i really made the most of my day). i'll cover it all in much more detail once i get my life unpacked in the next week or so. this post is just to alert the world that i am still alive.

i also want to say that my friend sarah finished boston this year with an amazing time (and PR) of 3:25! go sarah! she's a rock star.

back to work...

No comments: